DBX 150 Type I Noise Reduction. sn U1506032
DBX150 typeI Noise Reduction -10db encoder/decoder, in VG condition. Front panel record and Playback level controls.
Availability: 1 in stock
These dbx Noise reduction units were used with a variety of Reel to Reel machines, including 4, 8 and 16 Track Teac/Tascam machines along with the gamut of 2 Track Consumer decks. They were very effective at improving headroom and surpressing tape noise without having to record at very high levels.
This unit is in VG condition overall, no scratches to the front panel, and just a few imperfections along the top edge of the front trim. It uses Gold plated RCA Phono plug connections on the rear panel. Suitable for international use (110/220 50/60 Hz).
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB (peak signal to A weighted background noise)
- Input Impedance: 100k Ohms (designed to be driven from a source impedance of less than 10k Ohms)
- Nominal Input Level: -10 dBV
- Maximum Input Level: +16 dBV
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms (designed to drive 5k Ohm load or greater). Not designed for operation into 600 Ohm loads
- Maximum Output Level: +16 dBV
- Frequency Response: + 0.5 dB 30 Hz to 20kHz (encode/decode, typical program material tracking)
- Slew Rate: >10 V/usec
- Effective Noise Reduction: 30 dB plus 10 dB of headroom
- Equivalent Input Noise: -85 dBV (unweighted, 20kHz bandwidth, ref. 1V)
- Distortion: <0.5% THD 30Hz to 100Hz, <0.1% THD 100Hz to 20kHz (encode/decode)