DBX 157 Stereo Noise Reduction
DBX 157 stereo encode/decode, works with stereo recorders or dbx encoded discs. dbx is an excellent noise reduction system.
Cosmetic condition is good, with some normal wear to the wood end covers. The front panel was clear coated with a gloss lacquer. You can't see it in the photos, but there are some imperfections in the original finish that the clear coat did not completely cover.
Operationally, the unit seems to work fine. Some brief tests were done encoding a CD and everything functions as it should.
- Two channels simultaneously code and decode
- Independent input level match for each input
- Allows optimization of operating levels with virtually any tape recorder
- LED indicators for rapid visual confirmation of operating mode
- Input Impedance: 50 k ohms, unbalanced
- Input Level: +21 dBm max. (9 V RMS)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -88 dBm typ. 30-20,000 Hz (30 uV RMS)
- Input Unity Level: Adjustable; record (100 mV to 3 V) -18 to +12 dBm; play (300mV to 3 V) -8 to +12 dBm
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms, unbalanced
- Output Level: +21 dBm max. into 10 k ohms bridging; +17 dBm max. into 600 ohms
- Noise Reduction: in excess of 30 dB
- Frequency Response: + 1 dB 30-20,000 Hz, for the complete code and decode cycle
- Distortion: 0.3% THD code and decode; 0.05% above 1 kHz
- Connectors: RCA type phono input and output