This Tascam is a one owner piece, from a local artist who used it very infrequently for scratch recordings. It has a built in CD burner, and all of the bells and whistles that Tascam incorporated into this iteration of the 35 yo portastudio line.
The 2488neo is TASCAM's latest take on its 24-track, 24-bit recorder. Sporting eight mic inputs, it's one of the few recorders able to record and mix a full band. A new batch of mastering effects joins the reverb, amp simulation, compression and EQ processing to create and burn finished-sounding CDs in a stand-alone unit. With TASCAM's simple interface, great-sounding preamps and chart-ready effects the 2488neo is the ultimate 24-track production machine.
Eight microphone inputs, four XLR and four 1/4", accept condenser and dynamic microphones for recording. A guitar/bass input is also available for recording directly to the 80GB internal hard drive. Multi-effects like chorus, delay, compression and reverb are available while recording, and a reverb processor on a send/return buss can be added to all tracks. Also available during mixing are 3-band EQ and up to 8 dynamics processors, plus stereo compression on the mix. Tracks can be edited using copy/paste, insert, looping and other functions, with the waveform displayed on the LCD screen for precision edits. If you prefer to edit on a computer, you can import and export tracks as WAV files over USB 2.0.
Once your mix is finalized, record it using a dedicated stereo master track. You can later add mastering effects like EQ and multi-band compression for a radio-ready sound before burning it to CD or transferring to computer. TASCAM's 2488neo is the simplest path to creating pro-sounding mixes in a compact, affordable, purpose-built system.
- New mastering effects include multiband compression, EQ and noise shaping for pro-sounding CD mixes
- 80GB internal hard drive
- 3-band EQ on 24 channels, 8-inputs and stereo bus with high and low sweepable shelving bands and full parametric mid band
- Three aux sends on all channels except the effects return
- Loop effect provides reverb, delay, chorus and more on an aux send and return
- Assignable Guitar multi-effects processor for overdrive, distortion, chorus, delay, flange and more
- Up to eight assignable dynamics processors for compression during recording or mixdown
- Dedicated Stereo Compressor on the stereo output
- Eight inputs: 4 XLR with phantom power double as 1/4" mic/line inputs, plus four more 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Nineteen 45mm faders including master fader
- LCD display for viewing meters and edit parameters
- 250 Virtual tracks
- CD-RW drive to record Audio CDs, import/export WAV files and backup hard drive
- High-speed USB 2.0 jack connects to PC or Mac® for data backup and SMF/WAV file
- Recording resolution: 44.1kHz, 16-bit or 24-bit